Department: Software Support
Location: Nottingham (Hybrid working)
Reports to: Software Support Manager
About Forward Solutions
Forward Solutions is one of the longest established freight software development companies, providing an end-to-end solution for a wide range of operators in the UK, Europe, Asia and the USA.
We understand how this industry is evolving and have developed a range of software solutions that can help customers adapt to an ever-changing landscape.
At Forward we provide a holistic approach to our freight and transport management software. From our offices in Nottingham and Southampton, our committed team includes analysts, software developers, project & account managers, consultants, trainers, application and technical support staff, hardware and network specialists.
Many of our staff have joined directly from the transport sector, and this in-house experience provides unique insight into every aspect of freight and transport management.
We support customers with their transport software needs in the UK, Europe, the USA and the Far East. With over 3,000 users actively utilising our market leading products every day of the week.
We are currently recruiting within our software support team. This is a “hands on” position working in a fast-paced environment, providing external clients with immediate and project related support.
Where you would come in
Our customer portfolio is expanding. Therefore, we are recruiting those with previous experience of a support environment to join our customer service desk team. The role will be based at our Nottingham offices, with the opportunity to work from home.
Our ideal candidate
- Knowledge of the freight and logistics industry
- Previous experience of working within an IT service support team – ideally supporting external clients
- Previous experience of using IT Helpdesk/Support software
- Excellent phone manner, communication, and problem-solving skills
- User training & documentation experience
- The ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- A keen learner
- Be passionate and care about customer satisfaction
- A personable and confident individual to slot into our team
In this role, you will
- Provide customer support and assistance for our Forward Office suite
- Accurately log all support issues with sufficient level of information
- Diagnose and resolve software issues
- Work with other internal teams for issue escalation
- Be involved in some end user training
- Identify trends in support issues for resolution of the root cause and not the symptom!
- Support project-based work and testing for our latest product releases
What you can expect from Forward
- Excellent salary package
- Hybrid working
- The opportunity to join a fantastic work environment with excellent work/life basis
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Private health care