Department: Software Development Team
Location: Nottingham (Hybrid working)
Reports to: Software Development Manager
About Forward Solutions
Forward Solutions is one of the longest established freight software development companies, providing an end-to-end solution for a wide range of operators in the UK, Europe, Asia and the USA.
We understand how this industry is evolving and have developed a range of software solutions that can help customers adapt to an ever-changing landscape.
At Forward we provide a holistic approach to our freight and transport management software. From our offices in Nottingham and Southampton, our committed team includes analysts, software developers, project & account managers, consultants, trainers, application and technical support staff, hardware and network specialists.
Many of our staff have joined directly from the transport sector, and this in-house experience provides unique insight into every aspect of freight and transport management.
We support customers with their transport software needs in the UK, Europe, the USA and the Far East. With over 3,000 users actively utilising our market leading products every day of the week.
We are currently recruiting for a Full Stack Software Developer to join our development team and work on all aspects of our solution stack. Utilising a mixture of technologies, the team is supported by a wealth of technical & industry experience across the organisation.
Where you would come in
Development of our product is what we do! Building on the foundation of an established freight management system, we have many innovations we want to realise via an agile development methodology.
Our ideal candidate
- Experience of full stack development (min 1 year)
- Experience of Angular and/or SignalR
- Experience of COBOL, DIBOL or BASIC an advantage
- Experience of SQL
- Experience of using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Freight Industry experience an advantage but not essential
- Minimum 12 months commercial experience within a development environment
- Be passionate and care about product/solutions development
- A personable and confident individual to slot into our team
In this role, you will
- Develop cutting-edge and intuitive solutions using a variety of technologies
- Pro-actively think “out of the box” to create a unique and best-of-breed product offering
- Identify ways to improve our development approach and methodologies
- Work with Account Managers to understand customer requirements
- Liaise with our quality team for effective testing
What you can expect from Forward
- Excellent salary package
- Hybrid working
- The opportunity to join a fantastic work environment with excellent work/life basis
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Private health care