Department: Product Specialist Team
Location: Nottingham (Hybrid working)
About Forward Solutions
Forward Solutions is one of the longest established freight software development companies, providing an end-to-end solution for a wide range of operators in the UK, Europe, Asia and the USA.
We understand how this industry is evolving and have developed a range of software solutions that can help customers adapt to an ever-changing landscape.
At Forward we provide a holistic approach to our freight and transport management software. From our offices in Nottingham and Southampton, our committed team includes analysts, software developers, project & account managers, consultants, trainers, application and technical support staff, hardware and network specialists.
Many of our staff have joined directly from the transport sector, and this in-house experience provides unique insight into every aspect of freight and transport management.
We support customers with their transport software needs in the UK, Europe, the USA and the Far East. With over 3,000 users actively utilising our market leading products every day of the week.
We are currently recruiting for a Product Specialist of Integration to join our customer team. This is a “hands on” position working in a fast-paced environment, working with external clients on projects and related support.
Where you would come in
Our customer portfolio is expanding. Therefore, we are recruiting those with previous experience of systems integration to join our customer team. The role will be based at our Nottingham offices, with the opportunity to work from home up to 2 days per week.
Our ideal candidate
- Working experience of Altova Mapforce
- Working experience of XML
- An understanding of APIs
- Experience of EDI formats (Edifact) advantageous
- Experience of MySql/Sql Server advantageous
- Minimum 12 months commercial experience within a product integration role
- Freight industry experience not necessary but advantageous
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Be passionate and care about customer satisfaction
- A personable and confident individual to slot into our team
In this role, you will
- Provide support and assistance to our customers regarding our integration portfolio
- Provide support for customer implementations and projects
- Work with other internal teams to provide fit-for-purpose solutions
What you can expect from Forward
- Excellent salary package
- Flexibility to work from home up to 2 days per week (after probationary period)
- The opportunity to join a fantastic work environment with excellent work/life balance
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Private health care