Department: Customer Service Team
Reports to: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
About Forward Solutions
Forward Solutions is one of the longest established freight software development companies, providing an end-to-end solution for a wide range of operators in the UK, Europe, Asia and the USA.
We understand how this industry is evolving and have developed a range of software solutions that can help customers adapt to an ever-changing landscape.
At Forward we provide a holistic approach to our freight and transport management software. From our offices in Nottingham and Southampton, our committed team includes analysts, software developers, project & account managers, consultants, trainers, application and technical support staff, hardware and network specialists.
Many of our staff have joined directly from the transport sector, and this in-house experience provides unique insight into every aspect of freight and transport management.
We support customers with their transport software needs in the UK, Europe, the USA and the Far East. With over 3,000 users actively utilising our market leading products every day of the week.
We are currently recruiting for an infrastructure engineer to join our customer service team. This is a “hands on” position working in a fast-paced environment, providing external clients with immediate and project related support.
Where you would come in
Our customer portfolio is expanding. Therefore, we are recruiting those with previous experience of a (infrastructure) support environment to join our customer service desk team. The role will be based at our Nottingham offices, with the opportunity to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Our ideal candidate
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft & Red Hat Linux Operations systems
• Excellent knowledge of networking and associated infrastructure (Cisco advantageous, particularly ASA and Pix)
• Excellent knowledge of MySql/Sql Server
• Excellent knowledge of VMWare vSphere/ESXi and virtualisation technology
• Experience with the configuration and maintenance of desktops, laptops and servers
• Experience of Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft 365
• Experience with AWS advantageous
• Strong PHP & Bash scripting skills advantageous
• Experience with InstallShield & NetVault advantageous
• Experience of CVS, SVN and Git useful
• Experience in Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft 365
• Experience in AWS, PHP & Bash advantageous
• Experience in InstallShield & NetVault advantageous
• Experience in CVS, SVN and Git useful
• Minimum 12 months commercial experience within a support environment
• Excellent phone manner, communication, and problem-solving skills
• Be passionate and care about customer satisfaction
• A personable and confident individual to slot into our team
In this role, you will
• Provide support and assistance to our customers regarding infrastructure matters
• Provide support for customer implementations and projects
• Work with other internal teams to provide fit-for-purpose solutions
• Assist in routine IT maintenance to ensure customers solutions run efficiently and effectively
• Provide support and monitoring for our internal IT at Forward Solutions
What you can expect from Forward
• Excellent salary package
• Hybrid working
• The opportunity to join a fantastic work environment with excellent work/life basis
• Contributory company pension scheme
• Private health care